We arrived in Puerto Natales a day late because the bad weather had forced our ferry to go slow and we were worried we might miss our climbing lesson. But, Patagonia Aventura Hostel where we were staying and who had organised the trip were really kind and swapped it around for us. Before we left we needed to fuel up with some yummy lunch.  We asked someone from the hostel if they would recommend anywhere they said there was a really good one just around the corner that sold amazing sandwiches. It was called Café Artimaña and they were right! I had a hot meat sandwich and it was truly delicious! 

When we got back to the hostel we met up with our two rock climbing guides called Jorgé and Valentina! They let us try on some climbing shoes to see if they fit, and they did! But it didn’t really feel like it because they were so tight! Our guides said that they had to be like that, I guess so that you get a good grip with your toes...

We drove to place called Laguna Sofia that was about half an hour north of Puerto Natales. When we arrived, we still had to walk a lot to get to our climbing spot, which was halfway up a mountain. It was definitely worth it though! The mountain had many textures on its rock that we were about to climb. It looked like lots of pebbles all stuck together. Jorgé told us it was a kind of 'conglomerate' rock.

Once we got to the climbing spot, Jorgé climbed to the top of the rock without a harness! He clipped his carabiner onto the rock so we could climb safely. Daisy and I were the first ones to get on the rock face. Once I got 10 metres high, Steph said I was doing good, and I cracked a joke and shouted “I AM A FLUFFY CLOUD, I AM A FLUFFY CLOUD!” like from Cars 3! My hands were very grippy, because I dipped them in chalk to make it easier to climb. You know at Clip'nClimb on the Leap of Faith you dip your hands in a pot of stuff? Well that’s chalk!

After Daisy and I had abseiled back down, Lucy and Steph had a go! (I have to say they were more flexible than I thought!) Then Daisy and I switched and climbed the routes we hadn't done yet. I realised that the one I was now climbing was way harder, but at least I got past the most difficult bit! At the top of the rock face, a flock of Andean Condors came flying right by us. Lucky for us, they were flying against a ton of wind so they flew VERY slowly! If you don’t know what Condors are, they are these HUGE birds that can have a wingspan of 3 metres! They're really amazing. By the end of the climb, we had counted 13!